The new edition of FIFA’s Global Transfer Market Report offers an overview of global international transfer activity at professional football clubs around the world throughout 2017.
Last year saw more record-breaking football transfer statistics:
- Spending reached a new high of USD 6.37 billion, 32.7 per cent more than in 2016
- A new record was set with 15,624 international transfers, 6.8 per cent more than in 2016, involving 13,415 players of 181 different nationalities
- 15.8 per cent of transfers involved fees, with the remaining 84.2 per cent free of fees
- Most of the increase in global spending is accounted fo…